How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.
If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.
To help us process your application as quickly as possible:
- make sure your file is up to date
- link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us
See what the changes are to the spousal sponsorship program.
Spousal sponsorship program changes: Faster processing and the new application package are available now.
Find out about important changes we’ve made to process your spousal sponsorship application within 12 months.
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: