My adoption is complete. What do I need now to bring my adopted child to Canada?
Once the province or territory issues a letter of no objection, you can begin the immigration or citizenship process to bring your adopted child to Canada. You should consult the website to decide which process to use.
Answers others found useful
- Can I adopt a child from countries experiencing armed conflict or natural disasters?
- How long will the adoption process take?
- Will my child automatically have a right to a Canadian passport once he or she gets citizenship?
- Do the criteria for permanent residence and for a grant of citizenship differ for adopted children?
- Should I apply for permanent residence for my adopted child, rather than Canadian citizenship?
- I have applied for permanent residence for my adopted child. Is it too late to apply for citizenship instead?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: