Do I need a visa if I’m just travelling through Canada on my way to another country?
Most people who travel through Canada need a visitor visa, a transit visa, or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
What you need depends on:
- the type of travel document you will travel with;
- the country that issued your travel document;
- your nationality; and
- how you will travel to Canada.
Find out what need and how to apply.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date Modified: