Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I extend my stay as a visitor?

If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.

For the steps to apply, see How to apply to extend your stay as a visitor. You can also apply online.

Temporary residents currently in Canada with a valid study or work permit must submit their application for a new temporary resident visa to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (CPC-O), or visa office that serves their country of nationality.

See also How can I extend my stay as worker? and How can I extend my stay as a student?

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: