Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I extend my stay as a student?

If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.

For the steps to apply, see Extending your Stay as a student.

Temporary residents currently in Canada with a valid study or work permit must submit their application for a new temporary resident visa to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (CPC-O), or visa office that serves their country of nationality.

See also How can I extend my stay as visitor? and How can I extend my stay as a worker?

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: