I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
Primary school student
- You must apply to modify your study permit when you move on to high school. Send your application to the IRCC Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
High school student
- You must apply to modify your study permit when you move on to post-secondary school. Send your application to the IRCC Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
- You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid. Get step-by-step instructions on how to notify IRCC that you have changed DLI’s using your account.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I have applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: