I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
Yes. You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying and after you graduate. As a study permit holder, you may qualify to work on-campus or off-campus without an additional work permit if you meet specific criteria.
If your academic, professional or vocational training program includes an essential co-op or internship component, you will need to apply for a work permit.
You may also apply for a post-graduation work permit to continue working in Canada after you graduate from an eligible institution.
For more details, see Work Permits for Students.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I have applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: