What should I do if my new permanent resident card has a mistake or something is missing?
If we made the mistake, you can apply for a reissued permanent resident (PR) card.
If either your given name or your surname has more than 28 letters, the name appearing on the PR card will be shortened. This is not a mistake and the card will not be reissued to change the name.
For cards issued before November 21, 2015, names are limited to:
- first name: 15 letters or less
- last name: 20 letters or less
For cards issued on or after November 21, 2015, names are limited to:
- first name: 28 letters or less
- last name: 28 letters or less
Answers others found useful
- I lost my permanent resident card. How do I replace it?
- I lost my citizenship certificate. How do I get it replaced?
- How do I replace an immigration document that is wrong or has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- How can I correct an error on my record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence record?
- What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (also known as proof of citizenship)?
- Date Modified: