Are the Banking Credentials as secure as the Government Credential?
Yes, the banking credentials are just as secure as the Government credential. The same authentication process and security requirements are used whether you choose to use your banking credential through SecureKey Concierge or the government-issued credential service called GCKey.
The authentication process does not carry any personally identifiable information such as name, birth date etc. It relies on strong technology, built using industry best practices. By offering you the choice of using a banking credential, the Government of Canada is leveraging the investments made by financial institutions in secure online environments.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: