I already made a refugee claim. What will happen to it now that the new system has started?
If your claim is referred to the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) before December 15, 2012, your case will proceed according to the legislation that was in force immediately prior to December 15, 2012. You do not need to do anything new.
Find out more about processing asylum claims.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
- Date Modified: