How do I ask for a refund if I paid my fees online or at a bank in Canada?
If you paid online or with a fee receipt form (IMM 5401), ask for a refund by emailing us at IPRMS-SIGPR@cic.gc.ca
In your email, include:
- your name
- your current address
- the receipt number
- the date of your payment
- the amount you paid
- the reason you want a refund
If you don’t have the receipt number, include the:
- first four and last four numbers of the credit card used for payment
- card expiration date
- cardholder’s name
We may ask you for a copy of your credit card statement.
If you used a credit card or a prepaid card to pay, we will issue a refund to the same card. Keep it until the refund is complete to prevent delays. If your card is expired, we will issue a cheque instead.
If you paid using a fee receipt form (IMM 5401) or an Interac debit card, we will also issue a cheque.
Refunds can take up to eight weeks to process.
International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants: See refunds for IEC
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date Modified: