What is the difference between the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?
Use the Address Notification service if you are an immigrant who has just arrived in Canada as a permanent resident. Doing so will ensure you automatically get your permanent resident card.
Note: If Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) does not get your address within 180 days of the date you entered Canada, you will have to re-apply for a permanent resident card and pay the fee.
Change of Address
All other clients should use the Change of Address service to notify us of their new home or mailing address. For more information, see “Who can use the Change of Address online service?”
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date Modified: