Who can use the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?
You can use the Change of Address and Address Notification service if you meet all the following criteria:
- your case is being processed in Canada,
- your address is in Canada,
- you are moving within three weeks or have already moved
- you must also have either:
- sponsored a member of the family class,
- applied for permanent residence from within Canada,
- applied for a permanent resident card,
- applied for Canadian citizenship (for yourself or for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen),
- applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship), or
- applied to renounce or resume Canadian citizenship.
- Do not tell IRCC about your change of address until three weeks before you move. The Change of Address service will not retain future addresses beyond this three-week period.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date Modified: