What are the language requirements for provincial nominees?
If you apply under the Provincial Nominee Program in a semi- or low-skilled job, the province will require that you have a third-party language test before they will nominate you.
This test will show whether your language skills meet a minimum standard in each of these four categories:
- reading and
To meet the eligibility criteria for one of the following skilled worker programs under Express Entry:
when creating your Express Entry profile, you must fill in all the information related to the language test you took for your first and, if applicable, second official languages.
You must be prepared to submit a copy of your test results when you apply for permanent residence. If we request a copy of your test results and you do not submit them, your application will be considered incomplete and we will send it back to you.
The test must be a third-party language test from an agency approved by IRCC.
You should check the website of the province you want to nominate you to find out more about whether you need to take a test.
Answers others found useful
- Who is a federal skilled worker?
- What are the language requirements for applicants?
- Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
- If I have a year of work experience in more than one eligible federal skilled worker job, can I apply more than once?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- I applied as a federal skilled worker before, but my application was returned because the cap for my occupation was full. Can I re-apply under the new cap?
- If I re-apply as a federal skilled worker under the new cap, can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Trades Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Trades Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Canadian Experience Class application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
How to video
- Date Modified: