For a start-up visa, what do I need to do to get support from an investor organization?
You will need to contact an organization that has been designated as eligible to participate in the Start-up visa Program.
You will need to convince a designated organization that you have a business idea that is worth supporting.
If you reach an agreement with a designated organization, it will send you a Letter of Support. This is proof required by IRCC to show that the angel investor group, venture capital fund or business incubator is supporting your business idea.
Answers others found useful
- Who is a federal skilled worker?
- What are the language requirements for applicants?
- Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
- If I have a year of work experience in more than one eligible federal skilled worker job, can I apply more than once?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- I applied as a federal skilled worker before, but my application was returned because the cap for my occupation was full. Can I re-apply under the new cap?
- If I re-apply as a federal skilled worker under the new cap, can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Trades Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Trades Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Canadian Experience Class application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: