If I have a start-up visa, what happens if my business fails?
Failure of your business will not affect your permanent resident status. We recognize that not every business will succeed and this program is designed so that the risk is shared between the public and private sector.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- Who is a federal skilled worker?
- What are the language requirements for applicants?
- Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
- If I have a year of work experience in more than one eligible federal skilled worker job, can I apply more than once?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- I applied as a federal skilled worker before, but my application was returned because the cap for my occupation was full. Can I re-apply under the new cap?
- If I re-apply as a federal skilled worker under the new cap, can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Trades Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Trades Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Canadian Experience Class application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: