Can I renew my post-graduation work permit in order to keep working while my Canadian Experience Class application is being processed?
The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program is a one-time opportunity for international students who graduate from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions. If you are awaiting a decision on your CEC application and your post-graduation work permit is about to expire, you may be able to apply for a bridging open work permit.
Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants whose work permits are about to expire to keep working while they wait for a final decision on their permanent residence application.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date Modified: