Will I need to go in person to give my fingerprints and photograph each time I apply?
Yes. CIC asks you to give your biometrics so we can make sure no one else can use your identity to apply. It helps visa officers to verify your identity.
If you are approved for a multiple-entry visa, you will only need to give your biometrics once, when you first apply. You would not need to do so again unless you apply for a study or work permit during the time your visa is valid.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date Modified: