Help Centre what do you need help with?

What if there is no visa application centre (VAC) in the country or territory I am applying from?

You need to give your biometrics

You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, Middle East and Africa.

Find out who needs to give biometrics.

If there’s no biometric service available where you live, you’ll have to find the location closest to you. There are over 137 VACs in 95 countries around the world where you can give your biometrics.

New VAC locations will open later in 2018 and 2019. There will be at least 157 VAC locations in 105 countries.

In the United States, you can give your biometrics at any of the 135 Application Support Centers.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How-to video

A Step-by-step look at biometrics

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: