Will it take longer to get my visa because I have to give my biometrics?
It will not take more time for us to process your application if you give your biometrics at the same time as, or within a few days after, you apply. If you applied online or by mail and you wait until the end of the 30-day time limit to give your biometrics, it will add to the time it will take for us to process your application.
If there is no biometric service available where you live, you may need extra time to travel to a service location. Find the location closest to you.
Check current processing times.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date Modified: