How long will my fingerprints given for biometrics be kept?
The Government of Canada will keep your fingerprints for 15 years from the last time you give them. After this time, your fingerprints will be permanently deleted from the Government of Canada’s database unless you are found to be inadmissible to Canada due to criminal activity.
Your fingerprints will also be permanently deleted if you are granted Canadian citizenship within this 15-year period.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date Modified: