I legally changed my name. What do I have to do to change the name on my permanent resident card?
If you legally changed your name and you want your new name to be on your permanent resident (PR) card, you must send an your application for a replacement PR card to the mailing address at the bottom of the application form. Make sure to include the documents required to support your name change, which are listed in the instruction guide.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- Will I get a refund if my application is returned to me?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date Modified: