How do I withdraw my application for family sponsorship?
Send us your request using this Web form.
In the text field, include:
- Your name,
- Your date of birth,
- Your complete address,
- The date the application was sent,
- Your client ID number (if available),
- The type of application (for example, sponsorship of my spouse),
- The reason for the withdrawal.
In the Web form, upload:
- A copy of the electronic payment receipt,
- a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (form IMM 5401).
Note: If your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident before we get your cancellation request, we can’t cancel your application. You will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.
See also: Will I get my fees back if I withdraw my sponsorship application?
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: