How do I cancel my application for family sponsorship?
Send us your request using this Web form.
In the text field, include the following information:
- Your name,
- Your date of birth,
- Your complete address,
- The date the application was sent,
- Your client ID number (if available),
- The type of application (for example, sponsorship of my spouse),
- The reason for the withdrawal.
To this webform, you must upload:
- A copy of the electronic payment receipt,
- a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (Form IMM 5401).
Note: If your application is approved before we get your cancellation request, we cannot cancel your application. You will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- How will I know whether my parents and grandparents (PGP) application was accepted and placed in the inventory?
- Which family members may come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How do I sponsor my spouse, partner or dependent child to become a permanent resident of Canada?
- How old must my spouse or common-law partner be for me to sponsor them to immigrate to Canada?
- Does CIC recognize marriages conducted by proxy, telephone, internet and fax?
- How long will it take to process my application to sponsor someone to live in Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: