How do I cancel my application for family sponsorship?
Send us your request using this Web form.
In the text field, include the following information:
- Your name,
- Your date of birth,
- Your complete address,
- The date the application was sent,
- Your client ID number (if available),
- The type of application (for example, sponsorship of my spouse),
- The reason for the withdrawal.
To this webform, you must upload:
- A copy of the electronic payment receipt,
- a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (Form IMM 5401).
Note: If your application is approved before we get your cancellation request, we cannot cancel your application. You will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.
Please use this Web form if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check the status of your application online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- How will I know whether my parents and grandparents (PGP) application was accepted and placed in the inventory?
- Which family members may come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How do I sponsor my spouse, partner or dependent child to become a permanent resident of Canada?
- How old must my spouse or common-law partner be for me to sponsor them to immigrate to Canada?
- Does CIC recognize marriages conducted by proxy, telephone, internet and fax?
- How long will it take to process my application to sponsor someone to live in Canada?
- Date Modified: