How do I withdraw my application for citizenship services?
First, find out if you can get a refund. If you still wish to withdraw your application, send a request by mail.
Write “Withdrawal of Application” on the envelope. Send us:
- Form CIT 0027E Withdrawal of Citizenship Application (PDF, 600 KB); and
- A copy of the electronic payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (Form IMM5401).
We recommend that you keep a copy of the withdrawal form for your records.
Where to mail the application
If you sent your application to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, mail your withdrawal request there.
If you sent your application to CPC-Sydney and your application has not yet been transferred to a local IRCC office, mail your withdrawal request to:
- General Mailing Address
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Courier Address
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
If your application has been transferred to a local IRCC office, mail your withdrawal request to that office. You will find contact information for the office processing your application on the letter we sent you.
If you do not know if your application has been transferred or which office is processing your application, contact us through this Web form.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: