I was nominated by the province to immigrate to Canada, what should I do?
After the province or territory approves your application and you have a Provincial Nominee Certificate, your next step is to apply for permanent residence within the time period they set out.
The type of nomination issued to you by the province or territory will determine how you will apply for permanent residence with us. If you were nominated under a province or territory’s Express Entry stream, you will need to create an Express Entry profile, if you do not already have one, and apply for permanent residence online. The system will guide you through the application process.
For all other nominations, fill out the forms using the instruction guide to help you. This guide will also tell you all the documents you need to send with your forms, and where to send them.
Answers others found useful
- Who is a federal skilled worker?
- What are the language requirements for applicants?
- Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
- If I have a year of work experience in more than one eligible federal skilled worker job, can I apply more than once?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- I applied as a federal skilled worker before, but my application was returned because the cap for my occupation was full. Can I re-apply under the new cap?
- If I re-apply as a federal skilled worker under the new cap, can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Trades Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Trades Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Canadian Experience Class application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
How To Videos
Forms and Guides
- Date Modified: