What is a certificate of qualification for the Federal Skilled Trades Program?
It proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This means that they:
- have passed a certification exam, and
- meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.
This document is issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory.
Depending on the province, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate.” Find out how to get one.
You must complete an Express Entry profile as the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date Modified: