Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I get a certificate of qualification from a provincial, territorial or federal body for the Federal Skilled Trades Program?

In Canada, provinces and territories

The regulatory body that governs trades in a province or territory

To get a certificate of qualification, you

If your trade is not regulated by a province or territory (for example, airplane mechanic), it may be federally regulated. The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials provides information on credential assessment for all regulated trades in Canada.

Contact the provincial, territorial or federal regulatory body for more information.

Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence. An invitation to apply for permanent residence is based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool, using the Comprehensive Ranking System.


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: