What if I cannot attend my appointment with IRCC? Can I reschedule it?
Yes. If you are not available on the date and time of your appointment, write us a letter of explanation. Send this letter to the IRCC office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail, or online, using this Web form. We will reschedule your appointment on a different date.
If you do not attend your appointment, you must contact us within a certain amount of time. The notice we sent you inviting you to the appointment will tell you when you must contact us. Use this Web form and tell us why you missed your appointment. If you do not contact us in time, we will close your application. You will have to apply again and pay the required fees.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Date Modified: