What is the application process to get a start-up visa?
First, you must pitch your business idea to a designated organization, convince it to support your business idea or venture and get a Letter of Support. An angel investor group or venture capital fund must invest in your business while business incubators can provide other forms of assistance to help your business' growth.
The process to pitch your idea varies for each designated organization. You must contact the designated organization to find out what you must do to seek its support.
Once a designated organization decides to support your business, it will send us a Commitment Certificate and give you a Letter of Support.
If you meet all eligibility criteria to begin the immigration process, you can submit a completed application, which must include your Letter of Support.
Answers others found useful
- Who is a federal skilled worker?
- What are the language requirements for applicants?
- Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
- If I have a year of work experience in more than one eligible federal skilled worker job, can I apply more than once?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- I applied as a federal skilled worker before, but my application was returned because the cap for my occupation was full. Can I re-apply under the new cap?
- If I re-apply as a federal skilled worker under the new cap, can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Federal Skilled Trades Program application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Federal Skilled Trades Program caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
- Are there new application forms to apply under the new Canadian Experience Class application caps as of May 1, 2014?
- If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps, will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new caps?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: