How can I show proof of income to sponsor a parent or grandparent?
You must provide your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application.
There are two ways you can do this:
Option 1) Give us permission to get your tax information directly from CRA
- On the form Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768], under question 8, “Sponsor Statement of Consent”:
- Check “Yes”, and
- Provide your Social Insurance Number (SIN), signature and date.
Option 2) Send us the paper copies of your Notices of Assessment
- Complete the form Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents [IMM 5516], and
- Include the Notices of Assessment with your application package. If you don’t have the paper copies, login to CRA’s My Account to find them online.
Sponsors living in Quebec
If we approve your sponsorship application, we`ll instruct you to submit an undertaking application to the Quebec ministry in charge of immigration. This ministry will assess your income.
Don`t submit your undertaking application to Quebec before we`ve told you to do so. If you don`t wait for our confirmation, Quebec won`t process your application.
Read the instruction guide for more information about your proof of income.
Answers others found useful
- Can I use a courier service can I use to submit my application to sponsor a parent or grand parent?
- When will the Parent and Grandparent Program re-open to new applications?
- How will I know if I was selected to apply to sponsor my parent or grandparent?
- How many applications to sponsor a parent or grandparent will you accept this year?
- I was invited to apply to sponsor my parent or grandparent. What do I do next?
- Date Modified: