What is a POE Letter?
It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a:
- study permit,
- work permit, or
- Super Visa (only if you are from a country that does not require a visitor visa).
It is sometimes called the Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit.
Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: