How long is my POE Letter valid?
There is a box titled “Permit validity” on your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. You must come to Canada prior to that date.
If the validity date has passed and you have not yet come to Canada, you must submit a new application.
You cannot extend the validity date on your Letter of Introduction.
Your Letter of Introduction will be valid for the requested length of your work permit, study permit or super visa. You may be eligible to extend your work permit once you are in Canada.
International Experience Canada participants only
Your Letter of Introduction will normally be valid for 12 months. If you underwent a medical exam, it will be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam or for 12 months, whichever is less.
You can only extend your International Experience Canada work permit in very specific situations. Find out if you can extend your work permit.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I have applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
- How does the end of the Ontario college strike affect my immigration status?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: