How long is my POE Letter valid?
There is a box titled “Permit validity” on your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. You must come to Canada prior to that date.
If the validity date has passed and you have not yet come to Canada, you must submit a new application.
You cannot extend the validity date on your Letter of Introduction.
Your Letter of Introduction will be valid for the requested length of your work permit, study permit or super visa. You may be eligible to extend your work permit once you are in Canada.
International Experience Canada participants only
Your Letter of Introduction will normally be valid for 12 months. If you underwent a medical exam, it will be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam or for 12 months, whichever is less.
You can only extend your International Experience Canada work permit in very specific situations. Find out if you can extend your work permit.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: