Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I cancel my International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit application and get a refund?

If you applied under IEC before November 30, 2015, you used the Kompass application system. As of March 31, 2016, Kompass will no longer be available. If you have questions about your refund or your account, contact us using the Web form.

Yes, you can, if your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction has not been issued.

To withdraw your application:

  1. contact us using this Web form, and
  2. in the text box, include “IEC work permit application withdrawal – your application ID number” (for example “IEC work permit application withdrawal – W123456789”).

We will review your withdrawal request within 3 to 5 business days. If approved, you will be refunded your:

If you applied for a work permit under the Young Professionals or International Co-op Internship categories, your employer will be refunded the employer compliance fee of CAN$230.

You cannot withdraw your application if you have already received your Letter of Introduction. If you choose not to come to Canada:

If your Letter of Introduction expires and you still want to come to Canada, you may submit your profile again. Find out if you are eligible to participate more than once.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: