Can I cancel my International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit application and get a refund?
If you applied under IEC before November 30, 2015, you used the Kompass application system. As of March 31, 2016, Kompass will no longer be available. If you have questions about your refund or your account, contact us using the Web form.
Yes, you can, if your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction has not been issued.
To withdraw your application:
- contact us using this Web form, and
- in the text box, include “IEC work permit application withdrawal – your application ID number” (for example “IEC work permit application withdrawal – W123456789”).
We will review your withdrawal request within 3 to 5 business days. If approved, you will be refunded your:
- IEC participation fee, and
- open work permit fee (Working Holiday applicants).
If you applied for a work permit under the Young Professionals or International Co-op Internship categories, your employer will be refunded the employer compliance fee of CAN$230.
You cannot withdraw your application if you have already received your Letter of Introduction. If you choose not to come to Canada:
- this will still count as one IEC participation, and
- you will not get a refund.
If your Letter of Introduction expires and you still want to come to Canada, you may submit your profile again. Find out if you are eligible to participate more than once.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- I have a work permit under the International Co-op (Internship) or Young Professionals categories. How can I change my employer?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- How do I sign my online visa or permit application?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under IEC to come with me?
- Can I cancel my International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit application and get a refund?
- What is a POE Letter?
- How long will I be in an International Experience Canada pool before receiving an Invitation to Apply?
- Candidates in the Working Holiday pool will be randomly selected to apply for a work permit. What does that mean?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: