I can't get a bank statement before I come to Canada. What do I do?
International Experience Canada participants who can't get a bank statement may show the following as proof of funds when they arrive at a Canadian port of entry:
- A letter on official letterhead from your banking institution, that:
- is issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada.
- clearly shows your account balance.
- is signed and preferably stamped.
Bring the original letter provided by your banking institution, not a photocopy.
See also Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada
Answers others found useful
- Can I come to Canada before I receive my POE Letter?
- What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?
- Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: