How can I get help with my application?
If you need help, you can use one of these resources:
Find out if you are eligible to apply
Do you want to work, study, visit, travel through or live permanently in Canada? Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for.
Frequently asked questions and how-to videos
Our Help Centre has answers to over 800 questions to help you with your application.
You can also watch how-to videos in the IRCC video centre for more help.
Each application package has an instruction guide. Use this guide to help you get your application ready. It gives you tips on how to correctly fill out your forms, and instructions on how to submit your application.
Find your instruction guide.
Visa application centres (VACs)
VACs take applications for :
- study permits,
- work permits,
- visitor visas (temporary resident visa), and
- travel documents for permanent residents.
VACs are private businesses that accept applications and handle them to and from the visa office.
VACs can serve you in local languages, make sure your application is complete, collect biometrics and track your application. You will have to pay to use VAC services.
Find your closest VAC.
A representative is anyone (family, friend or paid advisor) who helps you with your application and who you give consent to get information about your file.
- Read more about using representatives
- Find out how to fill out the form to appoint one
Protect yourself from fraud
You do not need to hire anyone to help you with your application. It is up to you. You can get all the forms and information that you need to apply for free on this website. If you hire someone, it does not guarantee that your application will be approved or processed faster.
Beware of fraud and scams that make promises about your application.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: