Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I give my fingerprints and get an RCMP Criminal Records Check from outside Canada?

If you have lived in Canada for more than 6 months since the age of 18, a background check may be conducted with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). The RCMP may request fingerprints in order to confirm your identity.

For more information on how to provide your fingerprints from outside Canada, follow the instructions on the RCMP website.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: