I’m getting a new passport, but I’ve already submitted my International Experience Canada profile or work permit application. What do I do?
It depends on where you are in the application process.
If your profile is still in the pool
When your new passport arrives, you can withdraw your current profile and submit a new profile using your updated passport information.
If you’ve submitted your work permit application
If you haven’t received your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction
- Submit a scanned copy of your new passport using this Web form.
- In the enquiry box, please provide:
- your old passport number
- your application ID number, which is provided on your Acknowledgement Letter.
If you’ve already received your Letter of Introduction
When you arrive at a Canadian Port of Entry, you must tell the Border Services Officer that you have a new passport. Bring a photocopy of your old passport and your new valid passport with you to Canada.
Before you leave the Border Services Officer, ensure that the passport information on your work permit matches the information on your new passport.
If you changed your passport because you got married or divorced, bring:
- a copy of your marriage certificate, or
- proof of your divorce.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- I have a work permit under the International Co-op (Internship) or Young Professionals categories. How can I change my employer?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- How do I sign my online visa or permit application?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under IEC to come with me?
- Can I cancel my International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit application and get a refund?
- What is a POE Letter?
- How long will I be in an International Experience Canada pool before receiving an Invitation to Apply?
- Candidates in the Working Holiday pool will be randomly selected to apply for a work permit. What does that mean?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: