What do I do if I get a new passport after I apply for International Experience Canada?
It depends on where you are in the application process.
If your profile is still in the pool
You can withdraw your current profile and submit a new profile using your updated passport information.
If you’ve submitted your work permit application
If you haven’t received your port of entry (POE) letter of introduction
- Submit a scanned copy of your new passport using the Web form.
- In the enquiry box, please provide
- your old passport number;
- your application ID number, which is provided in your acknowledgement letter.
If you’ve already received your letter of introduction
If you’re from an electronic travel authorization (eTA)- or visa-required country, you will need to get a new eTA or visa.
When you arrive in Canada, you must tell the border services officer that you have a new passport. Bring a photocopy of your old passport and your new valid passport with you to Canada.
Before you leave the border services officer, make sure that the passport information on your work permit matches the information on your new passport.
If you changed your passport because you got married or divorced, bring
- a copy of your marriage certificate; or
- proof of your divorce.
Answers others found useful
- How do I withdraw or delete my International Experience Canada profile?
- How do I sign my online visa or permit application?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Can I get a refund if I cancel my International Experience Canada work permit application?
- What is a POE Letter?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: