Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

I got a new passport after submitting my IEC work permit application. What do I do?

If you have not received your Letter of Introduction:

  • Submit a scanned copy of your new passport using this Web form.
  • In the enquiry box, please provide:
    • your old passport number
    • your Application ID number provided on your Acknowledgement Letter.

If you have already received your Letter of Introduction:

When you arrive at a Canadian Port of Entry, you must tell the Border Services Officer that your passport has been replaced for the information on your work permit to match the information on your new passport. We recommend you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport with you to Canada.

If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate. If your passport was updated because you got divorced, please bring proof of your divorce.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: