If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps (before January 1, 2015), will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new Express Entry system?
It depends on when we got your application:
- If it was before January 1, 2015, we will assess it against the eligibility requirements and caps in effect at that time.
Once we assess your application, we will process it if:
- it is complete,
- you meet the eligibility requirements, and
- there is still room in the cap.
If we got your application before January 1, 2015 and sent it back to you because it was incomplete, overcap, or refused it because you were not found eligible, you may wish to assess your qualifications to see if you are eligible to be entered into the Express Entry pool.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date Modified: