How do I get a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship) for someone under 18 years old?
To prove a minor (under 18 years old) is a Canadian citizen, apply to get a citizenship certificate (adults and minors). Do not use the application form for Canadian citizenship (minors).
You must be their parent or legal guardian to apply for them. When answering the questions, fill in the form with the minor's information.
Answers others found useful
- I lost my permanent resident card. How do I replace it?
- I lost my citizenship certificate. How do I get it replaced?
- How do I replace an immigration document that is wrong or has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- How can I correct an error on my record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence record?
- What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (also known as proof of citizenship)?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: