How do I get a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship) for someone under 18 years old?
To prove a minor (under 18 years old) is a Canadian citizen, apply to get a citizenship certificate (adults and minors). Do not use the application form for Canadian citizenship (minors).
You must be their parent or legal guardian to apply for them. When answering the questions, fill in the form with the minor's information.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: