I legally changed my name. How do I change the name on my citizenship certificate/card?
To change the name on your citizenship certificate:
- follow the same steps to apply for a citizenship certificate
- send us documents showing you legally changed your name
If you need to change your name on a plastic citizenship card, you must also apply for a citizenship certificate. We stopped issuing citizenship cards in February 2012. If your application is approved, you will receive an updated citizenship certificate instead.
Answers others found useful
- I lost my permanent resident card. How do I replace it?
- I lost my citizenship certificate. How do I get it replaced?
- How do I replace an immigration document that is wrong or has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- How can I correct an error on my record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence record?
- What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (also known as proof of citizenship)?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: