I legally changed my name. How do I change the name on my citizenship certificate/card?
To change the name on your citizenship certificate:
- follow the same steps to apply for a citizenship certificate
- send us documents showing you legally changed your name
If you need to change your name on a plastic citizenship card, you must also apply for a citizenship certificate. We stopped issuing citizenship cards in February 2012. If your application is approved, you will receive an updated citizenship certificate instead.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: