What sort of work permit should I apply for if this is my first time as a caregiver in Canada and my employer applies for a Labour Market Impact Assessment after November 30, 2014?
You will need to apply for a regular work permit, not a specific caregiver work permit.
You can live in your own home. If you and your employer have agreed that you will live in their home, this should be:
- in your employment contract, and
- noted in the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) request by your employer to Employment and Social Development Canada. Your employer will have to confirm that the accommodation they are providing meets acceptable standards before they get the LMIA.
Answers others found useful
- I am working as a live-in caregiver but would like to move into my own home. Can I?
- I am already working as a live-in caregiver. Will I be able to apply for permanent residence when I complete the work requirement?
- What are the improvements to the Caregiver Program?
- Date Modified: