Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am working as a live-in caregiver but would like to move into my own home. Can I?

To work as a caregiver on a live-out basis, your employer will need a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and you will need to apply for a new work permit based on that LMIA. In addition, you would have to apply for permanent residence through the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway, and not through the Live-in Caregiver Program.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: