Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
You may be able to apply to change your status from “worker” to “visitor.” We consider tourists to be visitors.
Read the Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada guide to find out
- you’re eligible to change your status; and
- what you need to do to change your status.
You need to apply at least 30 days before your work permit expires. There is no guarantee your application will be approved.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: