Help Centre what do you need help with?

I applied for a Labour Market Impact Assessment after November 30, 2014, and am hiring a caregiver who has agreed to a live-in arrangement. Can I charge for room and board?

In most cases, no. See the Housing section of the caregiver page of Employment and Social Development Canada’s website for more information.

If you are hiring a caregiver on a live-in basis who has already been working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program, you may charge for room and board. The deductions for room and board must be included in the employment contract that you and the caregiver sign as part of the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). For help, you may contact Service Canada’s Centre of Specialization for in-home caregiver LMIA applications.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: