Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I have to ensure that the caregiver I have hired has proper accommodation in a live-out situation? Will I have to show proof that there are affordable rental options in my area?

When you hire a foreign worker in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) C occupation, such as a home child care provider, a nurse aide, an orderly, a patient service associate or a home support worker, you are expected to show that you are providing affordable housing or that affordable housing is available in your area.

You are not expected to provide affordable housing or show that affordable housing is available in your area as part of the Labour Market Impact Assessment application if you are hiring a caregiver in a NOC A occupation, such as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse, or in a NOC B occupation, such as a licensed practical nurse.

See the Housing section of the caregiver page of Employment and Social Development Canada’s website for more information.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: