Help Centre what do you need help with?

I left my job as a live-in caregiver and started working for a new employer on a live-out basis. I would now like to return to the Live-in Caregiver Program. Can I?

Yes. If it has been less than four years since your arrival in Canada and you still have enough time to meet the work requirement to apply for permanent residence through the Live-in Caregiver Program, you may apply for a new Live-in Caregiver Program work permit. Your employer must obtain a new Labour Market Impact Assessment and you must obtain a new work permit before you can start working for the employer in a live-in arrangement.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: