What qualifies as a “business or investment activity” under the Immigration Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program?
The application period for the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Pilot Program is closed. The Department is not accepting applications at this time.
Applicants who are selected as immigrant investors will have to show that they acquired their net worth of at least CDN $10 million through lawful profit-making business or investment activities.
For example, these could include:
- income or capital gains acquired through the ownership or management of commercial, for-profit entities;
- funds acquired through private sector activities, such as public equity investments or private equity placements.
Please note that personal net worth acquired through inheritance or in the value of your primary residence does not count, as these are not considered “business or investment activities” for the purpose of this program.
All selected investors will be asked to obtain a due diligence report from a designated service provider to validate the source of their wealth.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: